1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi used videoconferencing to launch the Indian Space Association (ISpA).
● Bharti Airtel, Larsen & Toubro, Nelco (Tata Group), OneWeb, Mapmyindia, Walchandnagar Industries, and Ananth Technology Limited are among its founding members.
● Godrej, Hughes India, Azista-BST Aerospace Private Limited, BEL, Centum Electronics, and Maxar India are among the other founding members.
● The ISpA is a private sector organisation that will serve as the country's leading industry body for space and satellite enterprises.
● ISpA will be represented by domestic and international companies with sophisticated space and satellite technology skills.
● ISpA will aim to promote space technology in India, with a particular focus on capacity building and the establishment of space economic centres and incubators.
2. In Kolkata, the Centre government has released 'MyPortApp' for digital port monitoring.
● It was created with the goal of increasing transparency and providing port-related information.
● The app was created for port customers who want to take use of a variety of port services.
● It digitally contains all information on the port.
● Vessel Berthing, Rake & Indent, Rake Receipt, Container Status, Tariff, Bills, and Port Holidays are all included in the app, which may be viewed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. 'Kanyakumari clove' is a geographical indicator (GI) for the distinctive clove spice grown in the hills of Tamil Nadu's Kanyakumari region.
● Clove production in India totals 1,100 metric tonnes per year, with 1,000 metric tonnes produced in Tamil Nadu each year and 750 metric tonnes produced in the Kanyakumari area alone.
● The traditional dye-painted figurative and patterned fabric known as Karuppur kalamkari paintings and the wood sculptures of Kallakurichi from Tamil Nadu have also been given GI tags.
4. The Adani Group, led by Gautam Adani, has taken over the management of the Jaipur International Airport from the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
● The Indian government has leased the airport to the firm for a duration of 50 years.
● Officials from the Adani company have been watching operations at the airport for the past two months.
● In the presence of senior officials, airport director J S Balhara handed over a symbolic key to Chief Airport Officer Adani Jaipur International Ltd Vishnu Jha.
5. Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi, has established a programme in which individuals who have achieved success in their fields would advise pupils in Delhi government schools on job choices.
● The 'Desh ke mentor' initiative comprises 'adopting' one to ten government school children who can be mentored by accomplished citizens in their fields.
● The Delhi government announced in August that Bollywood actor Sonu Sood will be the mentors' program's brand ambassador.
6. Rajnish Kumar, the former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI), has published a book titled "The Custodian of Trust — A Banker's Memoir."
● Penguin Random House India is the publisher of the book.
● It provided a unique glimpse into how our country's financial system operates.
● Kumar's journey from a small dwelling in Meerut's old city to being a probationary officer in SBI in 1980 and rising to the position of Chairman in 2017 is depicted in The Custodian of Trust.
7. The government announced the appointment of eight high court chief justices and the reassignment of five others.
● Eight Chief Justices will be appointed to the High Courts, while five Chief Justices will be transferred.
● Because some of the 13 High Courts have been operating with Acting Chief Justices, the approval was considered critical.
Five Chief Justices have been transferred:
● The government cleared the transfer of Tripura High Court Chief Justice A.A. Kureshi to the Rajasthan High Court.
● Justice Indrajit Mahanty, Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court, would take over as Tripura Chief Justice.
● Chief Justice Mohammad Rafiq of Madhya Pradesh has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
● Chief Justice Biswanath Somadder of the Meghalaya High Court has been transferred as the Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court.
● Justice A.K. Goswami has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. He is presently the Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
Newly appointed Chief Justice:
● Justice Rajesh Bindal, Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court, was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
● Justice Ranjit V. More has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
● Justice Satish Chandra Sharma, Acting Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court, has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court.
● Justice Prakash Srivastava, a Madhya Pradesh High Court judge, has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court.
● Justice R.V. Malimath has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
● Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court.
● Justice Aravind Kumar has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court.
● Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra would take over as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
8. After completing his three-year stint in the Finance Ministry of India, Chief Economic Adviser (CEA) KV Subramanian has decided to return to academia.
● On December 7, 2018, KV Subramanian assumed the role of Chief Economic Adviser.
● Nearly five months after his predecessor, Arvind Subramanian, stepped down, he was appointed.
9. Every year on October 12th, World Arthritis Day is commemorated to promote awareness about arthritis, an inflammatory disorder that causes pain and stiffness in joints and can worsen as people age.
● Arthritis and Rheumatism International (ARI) established World Arthritis Day in 1996 to raise awareness about arthritis and persuade policymakers to assist minimise the impact of arthritis.
● Don't Delay, Connect Today: Time2Work is the theme for World Arthritis Day 2021.
10. Nedumudi Venu, a National Award-winning performer, has died.
● For his performances, he received three National Film Awards and six Kerala State Film Awards.
● Nedumudi Venu began his career as a stage performer with Kavalam Narayana Panicker's productions.
● In 1978, he made his cinematic debut in Thambu, directed by G Aravindan.
● Venu is a Malayalam and Tamil actor who has appeared in over 500 films.